Saturday, February 8, 2014

Let's Just Talk About The Fault In Our Stars Trailer, Kay?

Yeah, I know I'm a little late to the party here but CAN YOU JUST STOP AND LET ME TALK ABOUT THE FAULT IN OUR STARS FOR A SECOND?

Because I just re-watched the trailer and I don't know, but something changed and now I'm actually really excited for the film. Like, really really really really really REALLY excited.

And excuse me if I sound a little shocked because I kind of am! While I did enjoy the novel, I don't remember ever being so ecstatic about the film adaptation. Sure I was interested to see how it would turn out but it wasn't consuming my every thought like it is now. I JUST REALLY CAN'T HOLD IT IN ANYMORE. CAN THE MOVIE COME ANY SLOWER??

It's been a while since I finished The Fault In Our Stars and in that while, quite a bit has happened. I've read two more books by John Green and one short story and let's just say that I wasn't too impressed by them. And as much as I don't want it to affect my view of The Fault In Our Stars, it has. Because HOW can I like The Fault In Our Stars when I absolutely detested all his other books? What makes it so special? I'm not going to say that I know or attempt to find out because it isn't important. But it explains why I wasn't initially too excited for the movie and why, now after seeing the trailer twice, I really am excited!

Through the trailer, all the things that I didn't like about John Green's novels - the sappy quotes (god, those metaphors!) and the ludicrousity (yes, I made up a new word) - just came together really nicely. And it helps that Shailene Woodley is Hazel because I think she's going to be fantastic! I'm still on the fence about Ansel Elgort because he doesn't shout Gus to me but I'm sure he's going to kick butt in his role. So when the film comes out on the sixth of June, I'm most definitely going to be the first person at the theatre to watch it. And I know I'll cry during the movie like I never did with the books and I know I'm going to be shouting and jumping with feels but it's going to be okay because I know that the film will be terrific and be way better for me than the book was.

Also for those of you who haven't watched the trailer yet, I'm attaching it below so I can force you to talk to me about it.



Your Turn: HAVE YOU SEEN THE TRAILER FOR THE FAULT IN OUR STARS YET? ARE YOU FREAKING OUT LIKE I AM OR ARE YOU JUST MEH ABOUT THE WHOLE THING? OMG DID IT GIVE YOU FEELS LIKE IT GAVE ME? AND WHO'S COMING WITH ME TO THE THEATRE ON JUNE SIX?

No comments :

Post a Comment