Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Most Owned Authors on My Auto-Buy List Tag

Much thanks to Meg at Adrift On Vulcan for tagging me! I've been meaning to do this for a while (ie. yesterday) but then I got hit by a virus which sucked but thankfully, there are some great step by step guides out there and the virus is now free from my computer!

But back to the tag, now that I'm sitting here, I've realized that I've totally misunderstood the purpose of this tag. I somehow read it as "My Most Owned Authors OR Authors on My Auto-Buy List" and that was what I had this post planned out as. However I'm actually supposed to list the authors on my auto-buy list in order of how many books I own from them from most to least. 

The thing is though, I only own one or two or most of the time, zero books from authors that I would totally consider to be on my auto-buy list. And also, the authors that I do have a lot of books from, I do not consider to be on my auto-buy list at all. So for me, it just doesn't make sense to do this tag the way it's intended to be done. For me, it makes more sense to do it my way where I split up the two categories. Because if this were a Venn diagram with most owned authors in one circle and authors on my auto-buy list in the other, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING IN THE MIDDLE. Does that visual make sense? Do you get now why it makes more sense for me to split the two up? So yeah, I'm BREAKING THE RULES today because I'm just such a rebel. 




1. J.K. Rowling (9 books)
Of course J.K. Rowling is on my list! The Harry Potter books are must-own for me. Like if I didn't have them all already, they would be the first thing I'd go out to Indigo to buy because they just NEED to be in my collection. I don't have any of her other books though, not even the companions to the Harry Potter series like Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I have extra copies for both Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which is so weird, I KNOW but that's why the count is nine books instead of seven. I wasn't sure if that was legit but I mean, they're separate copies so I'm just going to count it.



2. Carolyn Keene (8 books)
Ms. Keene, author of the Nancy Drew series, is tied with Sara Shepard (and C.S. Lewis) for 8 books! I was so in love with the Nancy Drew books when I was younger and I had this really nice boxed set of the first eight books in the series. I don't think I read all of them but there were a couple that I remember loving so much that I read them again and again and again.



3. Sara Shepard (8 books)
Oh, Pretty Little Liars. I love you too much. TV show wise (which is actually SO GOOD) and book wise. I only own the first eight books of the Pretty Little Liars series which was actually how many books were set to be in the series until they decided to extend it (you can tell from the acknowledgements where Sara mentions that Wanted was the last book). And OMG, there are just SO MANY BOOKS now. I think I read up to Twisted and then I just gave up. There are so many, guys and the thing is that nothing significant was ever revealed in the books that I read after Wanted so it was just like filler. But when that last book comes out (god knows when, I've stopped keeping track), I know that I'll do a binge read of this series just to say that I've completed it. Because no matter how much I tell myself I'm so done with keeping up with the series because it's just so long, I still HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END.



4. C.S. Lewis (8 books)
And that is thanks to the complete Narnia chronicles (and an additional copy of The Magician's Nephew - yeah, I know, I have so many extra copies)! I remember watching The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe when it came out in theatres and loving it and then watching Prince Caspian when it came out. I was like the BIGGEST Narnia fan who didn't even read the books at all. Except The Magician's Nephew but that was so long ago like I can't even remember what went on. And oh my god, was I the only one who after watching the movie and seeing Edmund so in love with those Turkish Delights, wanted to have one as well? I hadn't had them before the movie and afterwards I saw them at the market, I begged my mum to get a few for me because if Edmund liked them, they had to be good, right? GUYS, DON'T HAVE IT. IT WAS SERIOUSLY LIKE STICKING A GIANT PERFUME JELLY INTO MY MOUTH. Honestly, don't know why Edmund would risk everything just to get some freaking Turkish Delights. Like dude, they aren't even that good.



5. Rick Riordan (5 books)
Oh, the Percy Jackson series. They were all the rage when I was in fifth and sixth grade and I remember just gobbling them up. Which reminds me I actually do want to reread them because I need to finish the Heroes of Olympus series and I need a refresher!






1. J.K. Rowling
Yes, JK Rowling is back! But seriously, whatever that woman writes, I will read it. Even if it's an adult book that doesn't interest me in the least bit like The Casual Vacancy. I WILL READ IT. And buy it so yeah, she's definitely on my auto-buy list.



2. Morgan Matson
One of my favourite, favourite, favourite YA authors ever! I loved Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, really really  really liked Second Chance Summer, and really liked Since You've Been Gone. Her books are just SO GOOD and summery and amazing and fantastic and I love her. No one else can make me go absolutely NUTS waiting for a book to release like Morgan Matson and believe me, I will buy every single one of her next books.



3. Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella makes me laugh SO HARD. Her books are just like the ultimate pick-me-up when I'm having a bad day. I can't even explain how much love I have for this author. I just adore every single one of her books even when they're so wacky, I just love them.



4. Stephanie Perkins
Just so much love for her Anna series and she's just so fabulous. Like YES OF COURSE SHE'S ON MY AUTO-BUY LIST. And guys, Isla. Isla is coming out in less than two months and it's making me all jiggly.



5. Roald Dahl
Yeah, I know he's dead (sorry to be so morbid) so it's impossible for him to come out with other books but I feel like I have to include him because this man is a GENIUS and I love his books to bits. I also don't own all of them so technically, it does make sense for him to be on my auto-buy list if I still have yet to buy his books, right?


And now, we have reached the end of this post. So I hope you guys enjoyed reading that, as much as I enjoyed making it and make sure to tell me in the comments which authors you own the most books from and which authors you have on your auto-buy list.

As for the people I tag, well, if you haven't done this tag yet and you want to, then I TAG YOU. SO DO IT. SERIOUSLY. And then link me your posts so I can see them!

No comments :

Post a Comment