Saturday, May 16, 2015

If We Were Having Coffee #3


I haven't been posting lately and don't currently have any posts up in the queue so I thought I'd do a little check-in and tell you guys how I've been. Things have been CRAZY lately, what with school wrapping up and so on, so I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with the blog which I am very regretful about because I actually do have so many ideas for posts and other stuff I want to achieve but my time management skills really SUCK though I am striving to be better at scheduling and not procrastinating (more on that later). So yeah, this is just a little update on what's been going on in my life lately (oh, and this was taken off of Jamie's site!)


If we were having coffee, I would tell you about all the work I have to do and how stressed it's making me. School's wrapping up so this isn't unexpected but somehow every year I still find myself ill-prepared for the barrage of work suddenly being handed to me. Exams are coming up second week of June but right now I haven't even begun thinking about them, let alone studying for them, as I have tests and quizzes and giant culminating projects to finish before then. Some of the things I have to complete before my exams (which I have five of spread over a great schedule so it won't be horrible): a French oral presentation that I've only really done the research portion for (and a super rough outline) which is due on the 29th although my notes and visuals are due this Tuesday meaning I need to get the script done by Tuesday, a quiz also in French on imparfait & passe compose as well as Les Miserables which we read an abridged version of (thank god for the musical), my Science culminating on Wednesday in which I have one hour and fifteen minutes to complete fourteen different labs we've done this year with only three minutes being allotted for each and two rest periods, my English culminating speech on Thursday which I haven't even really started, my Science Physics test on Friday and I barely know the equations for refraction, my History culminating due on the 26th which I may have been too ambitious about (I'm making a collection of  6 12 x 9 cm stamps), my Careers culminating presentation on Crown attorneys on the 28th (which I'm not as worried about) and then finally my French oral presentation on the 29th. But I guess the bright side is that in two weeks, all this will be over and I only have my exams to worry about.

(INTERNALLY SCREAMING)

If we were having coffee, I would tell you about how I've been trying out bullet journalling in an attempt to get more organized and productive. After seeing a post on Stacked, I was super intrigued by this new form of organization as I'd been trying out to-do lists before but they never really panned out for me. So after watching the video, I cracked open my little Muji notebook again and started bullet journalling. In all honesty, the method I'm using now for my to-do lists isn't all that different than what I was using for, except for maybe the star symbol, the arrow symbol and the overall format of it. Because while I thought the bullet journal system was very interesting to learn about, a lot of it just felt like so much unnecessary work and just didn't appeal to me at all. Maybe it's also because I use other notebooks & mediums for functions that the creator uses the bullet journal for so I don't feel the need to have everything else in mine. Like I have a separate agenda for school work, a Calendar app on my phone for all the dates I need to remember and another journal I've been keeping up with all the random sketches and thoughts and ideas that I'm ALLOWED to put in my bullet journal too. So I guess really the video didn't help me that much as it didn't change my method a ton but it did get me more motivated to jot down the day's task so that's a plus? (Although actually finishing everything is another matter that I'm still working on)

If we were having coffee, I would also tell you about my other journalling endeavors for the past month and a half. I've fallen off it a little in the past month but I've already written entries for one month straight so at this point I'm pretty certain I'm not going to abandon it as I've done the multiple other journals I've tried out. Sometimes things hit me randomly when I'm like OH I must do this. Back at the beginning of April, I was like I need to start journalling again so I went to Muji to get a notebook and at first I was kinda hesitant because I thought I'd write one page and then ditch it like all the times before. But I've actually stuck with it! So I'm very happy about that. Writing takes a lot of time but it's also extremely cathartic and I'm sure in a few years it'll be interesting to look back on 15 year old Annie.


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about how excited I am to see the premiere of the Bad Blood music video this Sunday! With all the teases on Twitter and the bajillion people going to be in it, I am SO beyond ready to watch this music video. Although I will definitely be disappointed if it isn't at least the length of a feature film movie. Like please with so many people it HAS to be AT LEAST 2 hours. Right??


If we were having coffee, I would tell you about how I made the exec committee of one of my school's organizations. Which made me really happy! It wasn't even something I was initially planning on trying out for but after not being successful with three other clubs I just BADLY wanted to be involved with SOMETHING next year so I tried out and... am now in charge of social media for the club. Which I am immensely excited for so yay!


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you about how I'm going to Shanghai / other parts of East Asia that are yet to be determined this summer for a month in July. FOR ONE MONTH which means I probably won't be able to blog for an entire month! The details haven't been sorted out yet apart from that yes, we're going so I don't know what we're really doing except for probably visiting some relatives and friends. I'm kinda excited but also a little apprehensive about it. There's no reason to be and I know it makes no sense but I am?


If we were having coffee, I'd tell you that I've started watching Game of Thrones. As in I'm only on episode 2 so have very little opinion on it. The only thing is that I find it such a bore to get through at times. Like it's only one hour but that hour seems to go by so much slower than all the other hours I spend watching shows like The Newsroom for instance. But I'm going to stick it out as I've been told it gets very good. Also the Lannisters make me want to PUKE. They're horrible especially Cersei and Joffrey like STOP.


If we were having coffee, I'd scream about how fast the year is flying by. Literally where has the time gone? I still feel like it's the beginning of May and I'm like OH there's so much time for my projects and then oh wait... it's already the 16th though I literally thought the 6th was yesterday.



That's pretty much all for me right now! Now tell me in the comments - since we're having coffee and all - what has been going on in your life?

No comments :

Post a Comment